You may have reached here from java.net Spots Hardware. Java.net will no longer provide access to this information and asked that it be moved. I have archived the open source Sun SPOT design materials from java.net to my blog. I can only host the things that I was administrator for which means the hardware and some firmware.
The SunSPOTs were early IOT (Internet of Things) embedded system which ran Java (2004 to 2011). They were low power ARM9 based system with an 802.15.4 Radio and an interesting assortment of sensors. This was prior to RF modules and prior to creative commons licensing, so the licensing is a bit odd.
The design materials for the different modules are downloadable in .zip compressed file format. The files are organized by folders and contain:
- BOM – Bill of Materials (.xls format)
- Gerbers – PC board gerber files (RS274X)
- Schematics – PC schematics, assembly and fabrication drawings (.pdf format)
- Design Files – Schematic and PC layout (Altium Designer)
- LICENSE – All files within this project are covered by BSD license.
Schematics are also provided in pdf format and as a separate download.
- SunSPOT Theory of Operation (.pdf) (167)
- eSpot Design Files (.zip) (134)
- eSpot Schematic (.pdf) (124)
- eDemo Design Files (.zip) (114)
- eDemo Schematic (.pdf) (103)
- eBones Design Files (.zip) (117)
- eBones Schematic (.pdf) (108)
- eProto Design Files (.zip) (95)
- eProto Schematic (.pdf) (147)
- eProtomega Design Files (.zip) (113)
- eProtomega Schematic (.pdf) (112)
- eFlash Design Files (.zip) (120)
- eFlash Schematic (.pdf) (126)
- eSerial Design Files (150)
- eSerial Schematic (.pdf) (110)
- eTherspot Design Files (.zip) (100)
- eTherspot Schematic (.pdf) (111)
- eThumpre Design Files (134)
- eThumpre Schematic (.pdf) (128)
- eUSBhost Design Files (.zip) (99)
- eUSBhost Schematic (.pdf) (112)
- Power Controller Firmware (102)
MD5 Sums for the zip files above:
ea39f0d42f2811fa6358ff2e654d98ff *ebones.zip 0578155e41a055d716988d6207189d62 *edemo.zip f9134dc899fad058b8696d389dfd1045 *eflash.zip 8f53b0235b00557166f11265880df684 *eproto.zip 7e0a7c043bc9f6f84112619753a7668d *eprotomega.zip 7be92d73354e236103849edf113e99d1 *eserial.zip efc3f61a8c7a7a2bff19c17bf316211b *espot.zip e63936368522402d3b52d5719b6e12e2 *etherspot.zip 5d24d64ca4a68c055072fb61e31612eb *ethumpre.zip 3bddb78f2fcab306389eb7cfc49a4ceb *eUSBhost.zip